Spring Thyme Spritz
Who is ready for all the SPRING Cocktails? I am so excited to make y’all a FUN & DELISH Spritz featuring Croft Pink Port. This Rosé Port Spritz is SPRING in a GLASS with strawberry & thyme syrup, fresh lemon juice, and is topped off with sparkling wine. The Croft Pink Port has tasting notes of cherry, raspberry, and hints of honey & grapefruit which makes this the PERFECT ingredient for your Spring Cocktail Lineup.
I love keeping this port on hand for cocktails at home. It’s so versatile in cocktails from Spritz variations like this one to twist on classics like the NY Sour. I also love sipping on a simplistic Croft Pink Port and Soda – it’s so simple and comforting to make at home.
- 2 ounces of Croft Pink Port
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce strawberry & thyme syrup (*see syrup recipe below)
- 3 ounces sparkling wine
- Add port, lemon juice, and syrup to a shaker
- Shake then strain into glass over ice
- Top with sparkling wine
- Garnish & Enjoy!
*Strawberry & Thyme Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup loosely packed thyme sprigs
- ½ cup of chopped strawberries
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan
- Simmer until sugar dissolves
- Strain and cool