One of my favorite things about cocktails is when they are so simple and the classic Salty Dog is a great example of a drink that is simple yet delicious. Whenever there is fresh grapefruit juice I can go a little overboard but I think it’s a good thing because this cocktail really turned out great. I used the Monin Winter Citrus because the awesome fresh citrus flavors really come through in this cocktail and work with the grapefruit instead of against it. The Salty Dog usually has a salt rim like a Margarita but in this variation I have included the salt into the shaker to keep the rim clean and to give it more rounded flavor.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- ¾ ounce Monin Winter Citrus
- 1 “salt bae” (pinch) of salt
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain out ice
- Shake hard again to further emulsify ingredients
- Fine strain into cocktail glass
- Garnish & Enjoy!